Here we can see that there is a mixture of pictures and text to fill the page. The pictures are of all three band members together but also they have separate, individual photos.The questions asked are clearly seen as they have a different font colour and has a background colour, where as the answers are planer with no background colour and plan black font. I like this as the readers can clearly state the two apart and perhaps only read the questions they are interested in. Also it has one quotation in a different font and in pink, this makes it stand out all together meaning the reader will read this first and it will then draw the reader in to look at it all. Most of the page is about the presentation on the pages and to make it look interesting to read. The pictures, fonts and colours all do this very well. However, personally I would prefer the pictures to be more interesting and shaped differently as the pages look very square.
This two page spread is slightly different as it does not have individual pictures of the band members but a big one on one page with text on the other side. Also on this page spread it is not an interview but text describing the band. However it does include a quotation that stands out like the one above to draw the reader in. The photo itself stands out as it is very colourful and unusual as the ice cream is something different. The colours all link to each other as the blue can be seen in several places, mostly on the important bits. I like this 2 page spread as it is simple in design yet has a big impact on the reader because of the colours. However I do not like the text as it is seen as very long and not broken up. This will put people off reading it as it is more like an essay then a piece of easy reading.
This is my favourite of the three as the text is an interview with the questions easy to see as they are bold and the answers are in normal text. The pictures here are also very good and set out well. They are a mixture of posed pictures by herself to ones with other stars to corrispond with the text. Also the way that the pictures have been set out are very good, this is because instead of being sepurate with gaps inbetween they cover the whole 2 pages making it look liek there is more happening then there actually is. Like the others is has a quoation standing out from the others but it has it as the title of the page which I think works better. I think this because it gives an insite of what is going to be in the interview better then if a title was to be made up.For my magazine I will design it around the third 2 page spread but use some of the ideas from the first one. This is because I think the third one works the best with both text and pictures together but because I have three people in the band I will use the ideas from the first one with using both single pictures and a group photo.


No comments:
Post a Comment