Friday, 25 March 2011

2) How does your media product represent particular social groups?

I believe that my magazine is for young teenage girls that have an interest for popular music. I believe this as I did a short questionnaire to find out who would buy and read my magazine.
Before I gave them my questionnaire I asked which age group they were in;

0-15     16-20     21-25     26-30     31+

I asked 5 males and 5 females from each age group to see what they thought of my magazine. I did not ask about which music they preferred/listened to as I wanted to see if the results would be the same even if their music taste differed from that of my magazine. I calculated all the information and put them in pie charts so they could easily be seen and read.








From this questionnaire it is clear to see that boys would not be interested in buying my magazine. The question asking if they would buy it or not is low as all the boys said no then some adults and teenagers also said no as it is not made for that particular social group.

No comments:

Post a Comment