Friday, 25 March 2011

3) What kind of media institution might distribute your media product and why?

There are many media institutions around but there would only be a selected few that would distribute my magazine.


This institution is one of them. This company produces many magazines from Amateur Gardening to Nuts. Including Music magazines such as NME and UNCUT which in my research is what I have looked at. However, I do not think this is best suited for my magazine as those music magazines are for older readers of both genders.



Bauer media, like IPC media, is very famous and produces over 230 magazines in 15 countries. These include Q, Kerrang!, POP and Mojo. Although these are not like my magazines they also produce shows, radio stations and websites such as Smash Hits, The Hits and 4Music which my magazine would go well with.





The BBC is famous more for their TV/Radio channels but also the produced Top Of The Pops magazine. I feel that if I were to choose a producer to distribute my magazine I would think BBC a good choice. This is because my magazine is like Top Of The Tops but for a few years older, like a progression from that magazine to mine when girls turn a certain age. Also BBC would have the funding to advertise my magazine and make it work.

No comments:

Post a Comment