Friday, 25 March 2011

1) In what ways does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products?

Front cover

Title 
For the title of my magazine I chose the name Anthem. This is mainly because it has a link to music. There were other titles but instead of choosing it myself I researched into what the public would prefer. I got the idea/style for my title from NME and UNCUT. The bold red colour attracts the eye of the public so I decided to use that colour colour on mine. Also with looking at UNCUT it has a bold element to it which I felt looked good so decided to make mine bold also. 

      
Pictures
The picture on my front cover is quite a lively one and not a serious photo. I got my idea for doing this by looking at magazine front covers and seeing that the magazines for the younger teenager has pictures like this rather then serious posed ones. The NME magazine is an example of this. It is clear to see that the photo on the front cover is meant to be lively, so my front cover I decided to use the same tactic. Also on my front cover I have three smaller pictures in a circular shape, I got the idea for this from the same NME cover, as you can see they have put a circle in the bottom left with information in, I decided to use this but put just photos in them. 


 

 Contents page
 
The whole of my contents page was based on the contents page from Sugar. I liked the style of one picture taking up most of the page with text in the spaces. Although on Sugars contents page it is a close up of one person, for mine I had to compromise as I had to fit three people in however, I think it works well. I also put a small picture of my front cover on the page with a section saying where everything is on the front cover in the magazine. Also with the text I put the main section in bold and a small sentence underneath in smaller text.




Double page spread 

The main inspiration for my double page spread was from two magazines, Bliss and OK! I took elements from both magazines which created mine. From Bliss I used the style of pictures to put on my double page spread. Below on the left you can see that there is a big group photo of the band then on the other side there are smaller, singular pictures. On my spread I have used this by having a big photo of the three members then three singular pictures. Also I liked the big quotation that is in the middle of the page, so for mine I also have put that in. From the magazine OK! the interview I thought looked and worked well. It was easy to see the questions to the answers as the questions are put in bold. Also I liked the small text about what the interview will be about so for mine I did the same but placed it in the middle top straight after the title so people will read that straight away.



My final products links in well with the research that I did for each specific section. Although I did not use every detail in my research for my front page, contents page and double page spread, it can easily be seen where my ideas come from. I changed it so it will meet my target audiences, this being young teenage girls interested in music.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment