Friday, 25 March 2011

Contents page progress

For my contents page the first thing I did was to select a photo from my first photo shoot that was a possibility for the front cover. I then edited it in Photoshop by deleting the background and smudging the outline so it would stand out as much then I put it on my contents page. I also burnt the hair of the group so it was brighter.
I then placed the picture into Indesign and added the contents page, in font Tw Cen MT again, into the top left corner like my front cover and double page spread. Also I placed a small copy of my front cover onto the page as I will then put where everything is on the front cover in the magazine.
From that I moved my picture of the front cover to the top right corner as it fitted there well next to the title. Also if I were to keep it where it was the two photos would be too close together. I then added the main text of the articles that were on the front page. I used the same colour for the numbers as the background of my front cover so it was linked. I kept the text as TW Cen MT also because all pages would be linked also. I made the group/artist bold then under is a small bit about what it is about.
One of the last things I needed to do for my contents page was to add what else will be in my magazine. Down the side I wrote in the same style as the text above a heading and section of writing to say what is in it. I think my contents page is simplistic but works well because it is very easy to read and understand which is what the readers of magazines want.

The very last things that I needed to add was the big number in the bottom right, on top of the picture. Although I already have where the interview is I put this on because it is the main story so it is even easier for people to see where it is. Also I changed the titlecolours so it fits more with my research, it causes it to stand out more and not as boring as just black text. The very last thing I did was the change the numbers of my magazine, this is after I realised I had only made my magazine around 30 pages long when my research says that they are normally around 50/60 pages.


No comments:

Post a Comment