Monday, 14 March 2011

Interview questions and answers

For my double page spread I have descided to use the questionaire type design. This is because it will be interesting to think up questions and answer to put in the magazine. Also I think it is what a reader would prefer to see. Here are my questions and answer I have made up for it;

Anthem: Sweet heat its lovely to finally have you hear! How have you been?
Shannon: It’s great to finally be here!
Zoe: Yeah we’ve just been so busy lately it’s hard to fit everything in, but we’re all good thanks!


A: I’ve heard! It must be great for everyone to want you after years of being turned down.
Amy: It’s the best feeling in the world! Like you said through the years we have been turned down so many times so various reasons and now we can look back and laugh at them because now we’re famous and they were all wrong! (Group laughs)
S: I don’t think I could have put it better myself.

A: Some bitterness from the past I see (laughs).
Am: You could say that!
Z: Amy was the one that was affected the most by it all so she loves to show off.
Am: Yeah I love it when record companies see us and realise what we are now achieving after they turned us down. I was near to quitting the band because of them.

A: Well thank god you didn’t, or we wouldn’t have the band we all know and love! Talking of love, Shannon is it true that you’re dating Taylor Lautner?
Z: We told her this would come up!
S: (Laughs) Yes it is true, we met a few months ago by accident in a hotel lift and we got talking, he seemed really nice so we went out for some drinks and food and ended up dating secretly 2 weeks after.
Am: We didn’t even know until we saw pictures in the media!

A: How romantic! Going to dedicate any songs to him?
S: No! (Group laughs)
Am: She can if she wants but one thing is for sure I will not sing along!
Z: Amy and I are against love songs, if you want to show someone you love them, tell them personally, and not sing it to the world. So love songs are out! (Group laughs again)

A: But some of you’re songs are about love?
Z: True, but they are not specifically about one person it is more general.
S: Our songs are for other people not about us personally, we use our experience like any other band but when we sing them, they are to please our audiences not for our personal needs.

A: So when you sing it’s for the public not because you want to?
Am: In a sense yes. The music business is so hard to get into to so we have to sing what is working and not what we want to.
Z: If we were to write songs which we found inspirational and actually for us our label would not allow them on the albums.
S: That’s the main thing we hate about the music business, that you cannot be individual as people but have to sing what everyone else wants you to.

A: What type of music would you like to do then?
S: I wouldn’t say we had a type actually.
Z: That’s the problem we have, the music we like to make isn’t a “type” it’s original and different which is why our label would not allow us to do it.
Am: The music business is just a scam for labels to get money, not for the music.


I have looked on the internet for ideas for my questions as I did not really know what to ask at first. I typed in google 'band interviews' and found lots of different interviews which I then looked at how they started interviews and how they structured them. From that I changed the first 3 questions slightly to fit into my interview then made up the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment