All music magazines have titles which are big and bold with very simplistic fonts. This is because it is easy for people to read and see. For instance if you were in a shop looking for a magazine you would want your title to stand out against the others and make it easy for people to see it, which is why they make the titles like this.
These are the the fonts that I picked out that I thought would work the best out of the others.
These are the the fonts that I picked out that I thought would work the best out of the others.
From these fonts I will now pick out the best ones. I can see from here that the best ones are the bolder ones but with a slight design on slant on it. Although the others you can see I think they will be lost in the background when put on the front of my magazine with pictures and colour added. The plain bold ones would also be good to use but I think if it had something to it, it would look a lot better then just plain. Also with the bolder ones the colour will be seen easier and stand out more.
From the twenty fonts above I have narrowed it down to 10 and added a different colour to each one. This not only shows me if the colours will work but also I can see what the fonts will look like with colour. From this I can see that I will not use the brighter colours (yellow, orange, light blue) but use the darker ones like the dark blue and red. This is because if the fonts were too bright then it would be hard for people to see and not catch the buyers eyes in the shop. Where as the darker ones stand out and people can easily see them. From here I will pick the 3 best fonts by asking others what they think then comparing to other magazine titles. Also I will experiment with the colours more.
I did a vote on which font people thought would be best suited for my magazine. These three were the ones which seemed most popular. I then chose the three best colours and edited them so I could see if a different shade would work. I do not think the green works very well because it does not look very appealing. Although I like the blue I think the red works better as I can use the colour throughout the magazine but in different shades. Also more colours will work with the red and will not clash as much as the blue would. The font that I think will work better is the middle one. This is because it is very bold and will stand out against pictures and other writing. The next thing I am going to do is find even more shades of red and try and see if a background or border will make it look better.
Here I researched more into the main colour of my title, there is a mixture of dark and light colours. From experimenting with the red I can easily see that the darker colours will work more then the lighter ones, this is because, like I have mentioned before, the darker ones will catch the eye of the customers more then the lighter ones. Also with the darker shades I can experiment with both background and border colours. From here on I will see if a border colour or background colour will make it seem more appealing to the eye. Personally I think a border may be needed to make the name stand out more.
I chose the darker red shade as I thought it would work better for my magazine. I added different effects to see if it would make the title better. From the research I saw that adding an effect of some kind can either can it look a lot better or making it look worse and tacky. But from the picture on the left I have decided to choose one of them as I feel it will stand out and capture the buyers eye. I will choose the one that has the more 3D effect and will stand out against most backgrounds. 
No comments:
Post a Comment