Monday, 13 December 2010

Front cover research

For my front cover I want to have more then one person, preferably 3 at the most. The front covers below are all from different magazines that do this.

This magazine cover has three men all looking straight ahead. It is very simple yet effective. It gives them the sense of power and superiority over the reader. However, I do not think this kind of pose is one I will use for my front cover. This is because although it looks good I do not think it will work for the type of magazine I am making.
This one is very different in many ways from the above. Even though it has three men on the cover the whole structure is different. This one has a more lively colour and has a fun look about it where as the above was very serious. The picture has also been photoshoped a lot and made brighter which makes it look happier. The poses they are doing are lively which is what I want my 'band' to be like.

This is one of the only front covers that have a girl only group on the cover. I do not want my band to look like this as I feel it does not have the same effect as the picture above. You do not get the sense they are having fun or a very happy vibe from it. However, some of the characters have very good facial features that I want to use. For example the one on the left hand side has good facial features that are different from most. I will try and merge both this picture and the one above when taking my photos so it will look as though they will be having fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment